Why start a blog here?
1) The 140 characters allowed by Twitter aren’t long enough to say everything I want to say.
2) I want to share new ideas, concepts and links with anyone who might be interested, and talk about them openly rather than in the closed circle of Facebook.
3) I need to become more technical and “webby” as quickly as I can. While I often found my old Blogger blog a bit limiting, I hope to be able to experiment a lot more with this new WordPress space – I may even end up transferring tales from the old travel blog across to here.
4) Writing out my impressions and questions gives me a chance to reflect on what I’m learning in this new, challenging situation I find myself in. I don’t have all the answers, and I hope to connect with other people who are also building their careers and networks.
5) Writing is a grounding action, and letting my fleeting ideas wander and unfurl can lead to surprising conclusions, even epiphanies. I want to look back and remind myself of the opportunities open to me, everything I have to be grateful for, and build up snapshots of my life, in this exciting city, in this time of amazingly rapid changes.